Learn More About Legal Separation in Utah
In Utah, separated parties may obtain necessary domestic orders without divorcing. Legal Separation in Utah allows the parties to separate and define issues related to their family, but still stay married. Often, parties choose separate maintenance or legal separation over divorce in Utah because of religious opposition to divorce, or so a dependent spouse may continue to receive marital benefits such as insurance, inheritance, etc.
An action for Separate Maintenance (“Legal Separation in Utah”) may be brought under the following circumstances:
- A spouse is deserted without good and sufficient cause.
- A spouse refuses to provide for the other when they have the ability to do so.
- A spouse has property in this state and deserts or neglects the other.
- When the parties live separate from each other.
- If a spouse is imprisoned for more than a year and does not provide for the other.
Legal Separation Forms
The Utah Courts provide information on temporary separation but do not have good self help resources for Legal Separation Forms. Therefore, it makes sense to hire a Salt Lake City Divorce Attorney to ensure a separation agreement is done right. If you and your spouse have agreed to separate and would like to file for separate maintenance orders, contact a divorce and family law attorney at our office today. We can represent you in protecting your rights in your separated marital relationship. Our Utah family lawyers can draft the necessary paperwork and settlement agreement to ensure that your rights are protected.
Call a Utah Legal Separation Attorney
We can be reached anytime by calling 801.413.1753 or toll free at 888.337.3235 or by email. We are experienced legal separation attorneys. We can help you achieve legal separation in a timely matter and will help you understand all of the consequences and implications of your new marital status. Give us a call anytime to set up a free consultation on Legal Separation in Utah. You can come in and talk to one of our experienced attorneys to find out more about your case and the process for achieving your goals.
Free Case Review
Thank You For Your Support!
SLF competed in the Tempe AZ 140.6 Ironman Race in November 2018 to help fight child abuse. Thank you everyone who supported us in this important battle.
Utah Law Firm Blog
- Who Can Be A Domestic Violence Victim in Utah?February 5, 2020
- Can Someone You Live With Give Your Computer to the Police?January 30, 2020
- Rape Shield in Utah – what it is, prohibits, and permitsOctober 11, 2019
- What is a Lesser Included Offense in a Utah Jury Trial?August 15, 2019