Aggressive Utah Divorce Attorney Ready to Help
Many people in Utah are referred to our firm for divorce and related legal matters. Other lawyers refer their clients to us because of our reputation as an aggressive and able Utah Divorce Attorney. We are dedicated to protecting the rights of you and your family through a divorce, custody, modification, or other domestic proceeding. If you have questions regarding your particular case, please see our Divorce and Family Law pages listed below. These pages provide a substantial amount of information that you will find helpful. However, for details regarding you specific situation, we urge you to contact a member of our team today. We can be reached anytime at (801) 413-1753 or toll free at (888) 337-3235.
- Divorce – Learn everything you need to know about a Utah Divorce from a Utah Divorce Attorney. From contested divorce to uncontested divorce, divorce laws, mediation, and even information on the divorce education class, this section will help.
- Annulment – An annulment is a legally voided marriage. There is no time limit issue on Annulment in Utah. Instead, Utah annulment law requires the parties meet certain statutory grounds for filing. Learn what grounds are valid for legally voiding your marriage.
- Legal Separation – Separate maintenance is also known as “legal separation.” It is a way for the parties to stay married while still receiving court orders similar to divorce. The parties can then decide whether to divorce or remain married at any time following their legal separation. Advice from a Utah Divorce Attorney can be crucial in understanding the pros and cons to legal separation.
- Paternity Suit – Fathers who have children out of wedlock need to secure an order from the court to secure parental rights with their child. Such paternity orders set forth child custody, parent-time, child support, and anything else that affects the parents’ rights concerning their child.
- Child Custody – Divorces involving children are often centered around the question of custody. Custody is often the most disputed issue in a divorce. Having a Salt Lake City Custody Attorney on your side can make all the difference.
- Parent-Time – Parents each have a right to parent-time with their children. How that parent-time will be divided must be set forth in an order of the court. The standard parent time schedule includes every other weekend and one day during the week for the non custodial parent.
- Relocation – Find out what it takes to move with your children out of state or more than 150 miles away from your ex. Also learn what rights are if you are on the other side of this and your ex spouse is attempting to move with your children. The relocation statute can be found at Utah Code Ann. 30-3-37.
- Child Support – Who will pay child support and how much? Utah makes it easy to determine with the standard child support calculator.
- Alimony – There are many factors relevant to alimony. Our Utah Divorce Attorney will run you through all the factors necessary to determine your alimony obligation or award.
- Property Division – Generally speaking, property is divided evenly between the parties. While this is the general rule, there are some exceptions.
- Prenuptial Agreement – More and more people are using premarital agreements to protect their assets. A prenup is a smart choice for those with significant assets.
- Protective Order – Protective orders are necessary in many cases involving domestic violence or threats of violence. We can help pursue or defense you in a protective order hearing.
- Name Change – You may have been going by a different name than your actual legal name your entire life. A name change order will make the name you use your legal name.
- Guardianship – If you have a family member who cannot care for himself, or are looking to step into a parental role for a child, we can help.
- Adoption – We can assist with both adult and child adoptions. Adoptions can be a very happy time. We work hard to keep it happy and engaging with our clients. You can not only get help form a Utah Divorce Attorney at Salcido Law Firm, you can get an excellent adoption lawyer as well.
Divorce Attorneys in Salt Lake City and Throughout Utah
At Salcido Law Firm we are available anytime. If you are looking to consult with any of our Divorce Attorneys in Salt Lake City or elsewhere around the state, call us 24/7. We provide family law services throughout the entire state. Our offices are located in Salt Lake, Provo, Ogden, and St. George. We are able to serve our clients’ best interests at a very local level. Call us anytime to consult with a Utah Divorce Attorney who can answer your questions and help you make the right decision.
Let’s face it, no one wants to hire an attorney. Hiring a Utah Divorce Attorney is a necessary annoyance (we won’t go so far as to say “evil”). If you need legal counsel, you are likely facing a difficult situation and may be scared. Our divorce attorneys understand what you are going through. We have helped countless individuals work through their divorce, child custody, and other family law issues. Divorce is often a lose lose situation for everyone involved, so make sure you obtain legal counsel who will do everything to promote your interest and help return you to normalcy.
Free Consultation For Your Domestic Matter
Come sit down with one of our advocates today for a free consultation. Or if you prefer, simply call us or email us anytime for a free consultation over the phone or by email. If you are looking for face to face time with a member of our office, call and set up a time to meet with a Utah Divorce Attorney at any of our 4 locations throughout the state. We will explain the process and what you can expect. Bring all of your questions so that you can leave feeling prepared to move forward. Call and speak with a qualified and experienced Utah Divorce Attorney in our office now at (801) 413-1753.
Free Case Review
Thank You For Your Support!
SLF competed in the Tempe AZ 140.6 Ironman Race in November 2018 to help fight child abuse. Thank you everyone who supported us in this important battle.
Utah Law Firm Blog
- What is a Lesser Included Offense in a Utah Jury Trial?August 15, 2019
- Does Sole Custody Really Mean “Sole” Custody?May 24, 2019
- How to Make Sense of the Sentencing Matrix in UtahMarch 17, 2019