Gerald M. Salcido
Call Jerry for a consultation today.
Salt Lake City, UT
Phone(801) 413-1753 (Local)
(888) 337-3235 (Toll Free)
Fax (801) 618-1380
Jerry Salcido is a trial and appellate lawyer who is licensed to practice law in Utah, California, and Arizona and a founding Member of Salcido Law Firm PLLC. Before founding Salcido Law Firm, Jerry practiced litigation in the San Francisco Bay Area for six years, including at the world’s largest law firm Baker & McKenzie LLP. In doing so, Jerry gained invaluable experience in representing everyone from the local individual to the multinational Fortune 500 company. In addition to having appeared countless times before both state and federal courts at both the trial and appellate levels, Jerry also has vast experience in alternative dispute resolution such as mediation and international arbitration.
Since leaving the Bay Area to form his own firm in 2009 with his brother Chris, Jerry has focused his practice on representing individuals in criminal defense, personal injury, divorce, and business and representing small businesses. Jerry has represented thousands of people and done hundreds of trials and evidentiary hearings and is one of the most experienced trial attorneys in Utah.
Along with representing individuals, Jerry has represented financial institutions, energy companies, technology companies, charitable organizations, medical companies, and a wide array of other small and large businesses in all types of litigation including contract disputes, shareholder disputes, and breaches of fiduciary duties.
Jerry strives to use his experience to protect constitutional and natural rights. In 2008, after the California Court of Appeals ruled that “homeschooling” is illegal without a state teaching certificate, Jerry represented California Homeschool Network in persuading the court to reverse its decision, thereby protecting the rights of the nearly three hundred thousand California children who receive their education at home. Jerry also has served on the legal team of the Homeschool Association of California for four years, and served as its legal chair.
Jerry has also provided pro bono services to disabled children and victims of domestic violence which has even included filing a brief with the United States Supreme Court on their behalf.
Jerry’s practice focuses on criminal defense, personal injury, and family law.
- Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2004
- Brigham Young University, Bachelor of Arts, cum laude – History, 2001
- California State Bar
- Arizona State Bar
- Utah State Bar
- American Bar Association
- J. Reuben Clark Law Society
- Proud Member of
- Jonathan L. v Superior Court, 165 Cal.App.4th 1074 (2008) – represented California Homeschool Network in the landmark case that cemented the rights of parents to homeschool their children in California.
- Legal Chair, HomeSchool Association of California, 2009
- Legal Team Member, HomeSchool Association of California, 2005 – 2009
- Legal Team Member, California Homeschool Network, 2008 – 2009
- Pro bono volunteer of the year, Baker & McKenzie LLP, San Francisco/Palo Alto, 2008.
Free Case Review
Thank You For Your Support!
SLF competed in the Tempe AZ 140.6 Ironman Race in November 2018 to help fight child abuse. Thank you everyone who supported us in this important battle.
Utah Law Firm Blog
- Getting Bail in Utah After an Arrest and Being Taken to JailFebruary 22, 2019
- Don’t Get Caught by Utah’s New .05 DUI LawFebruary 14, 2019
- What is the Proper Venue for a Utah Criminal Case?November 26, 2018
- Admissibility of Polygraph Results in Utah Criminal CasesSeptember 27, 2017