Lawyer for Utah Traffic Crimes
The moment you get behind the wheel of a car on a Utah road you are automatically at the mercy of every law enforcement agency who patrols the streets. The possible Utah traffic crimes a driver can commit seem endless. Some of the “crimes” you can commit while driving a motor vehicle can include:
- Not obeying traffic signals and police officer’s instructions;
- Reckless driving;
- Passing on the right;
- Failure to operate within one lane;
- Having a light out such as a tail light, brake light, headlight, license plate light;
- Stopping in a crosswalk;
- Failure to repair a damaged airbag;
- Expired registration;
- Driving without a license;
- Driving without insurance
There are a myriad of other laws that you can break while driving your car and highway patrol trooper, police officers, and deputy sheriffs patrolling city streets, highways, and freeways are pretty clever and crafty in figuring out ways to pull you over. Most of the time they use a traffic offense as an excuse to try to find out if you have something else going on like using alcohol or drugs. Defending against traffic crimes in Utah also carries with it the difficulty of overcoming the strict liability nature of most of those offenses.
Some Traffic Offenses Are Very Serious
Traffic offenses like speeding 9 mph over the speed limit are not terribly serious and don’t require an attorney’s representation. Other offenses including anything that is not an infraction can carry with them very serious consequences such as jail time. We have seen many people who were not represented by an attorney go to jail for offenses like driving without insurance. It is important to protect yourself if you are facing charges for a traffic crime.
Traffic Crimes Are Real Crimes
Don’t be fooled. If you are facing misdemeanor charges for a traffic offense call a Utah traffic crimes lawyer at 801.413.1753 and Get Protected! Defending against traffic crimes in Utah on your own can be daunting. The court system is not fair or impartial when it comes to those trying to represent themselves. You don’t want to go to court alone. Call Salcido Law Firm to find out more.
To Learn More About Traffic Crimes Check Out the Links Below:
Free Case Review
Thank You For Your Support!
SLF competed in the Tempe AZ 140.6 Ironman Race in November 2018 to help fight child abuse. Thank you everyone who supported us in this important battle.
Utah Law Firm Blog
- How to Make Sense of the Sentencing Matrix in UtahMarch 17, 2019
- Getting Bail in Utah After an Arrest and Being Taken to JailFebruary 22, 2019
- Don’t Get Caught by Utah’s New .05 DUI LawFebruary 14, 2019
- What is the Proper Venue for a Utah Criminal Case?November 26, 2018