Email or Call a Utah Assault Attorney
In Utah, you can be charged for assault in three different instances, and retaining a Utah assault attorney will be your best chance at getting the case resolved in a way that minimizes the penalties and consequences:
- When you merely attempt to do bodily injury to another with unlawful force or violence;
- When you threaten to do bodily injury to another with a show of immediate force of violence; or
- You commit any act with unlawful force or violence that actually causes bodily injury to another or at least cause a substantial risk of bodily injury to another.
The typical bar-room-brawl or fight on the basketball court can result in charges of assault. An assault conviction is a class B misdemeanor which can result in jail time and stiff fines. Your best defense is to put our experienced lawyers on your side. Our Utah violent crimes lawyers will do everything possible to protect your rights.
Heightened penalties attach where the victim was pregnant or if the aggressor actually causes serious bodily injury. In such instances the aggressor can be charged with a class A misdemeanor. When the aggressor actually causes seriously bodily injury that is what is commonly referred to as “battery,” but it is typically still called assault.
Often times, someone will be charged with assault even if he was protecting himself from the attack of another. You need to make sure to protect yourself by hiring an intelligent and aggressive Utah assault attorney.
Let Us Defend Your Utah Assault Case
The criminal defense team at Salcido Law Firm is ready to fight (no pun intended) for you. We will give you a free consultation at any time Monday through Saturday and let you know exactly how your case will stand up against the prosecution. Call us at 801.413.1753 or email us and we will get back to you within an hour.
The sooner you call us the sooner you will Get Protected!
Free Case Review
Thank You For Your Support!
SLF competed in the Tempe AZ 140.6 Ironman Race in November 2018 to help fight child abuse. Thank you everyone who supported us in this important battle.
Utah Law Firm Blog
- How to Make Sense of the Sentencing Matrix in UtahMarch 17, 2019
- Getting Bail in Utah After an Arrest and Being Taken to JailFebruary 22, 2019