Contact a Salt Lake City Utah Personal Injury Attorney
Whether you have been injured in a car accident in Utah, been the victim of a misdiagnosis or medical operation gone bad, or been attacked by a dog, a Salt Lake City Utah personal injury attorney at Salcido Law Firm is ready to fight for you to make sure you receive all of the compensation to which you are entitled to make you whole once again.
Call us for a free consultation toll free at 888.337.3235 or locally at 801.413.1753 or you can email us anytime. An experienced Salt Lake City Utah personal injury attorney at Salcido Law Firm can help you with any personal injury case including:
- Auto Accident – In nearly every case involving serious injuries from a car accident, insurance is involved. Our personal injury attorneys have the experience and know-how that you will need to be able to recover what you deserve. Insurance companies are in the business of making money, like all businesses, so sometimes it takes a little patience and hard work to get them to finally pay you what you should get based on your economic damages and pain and suffering.
- Motorcycle Accident – Everyone knows the danger that comes along with riding motorcycles, but the joy they can bring an avid rider outweighs the risks. With proper safety precautions motorcycle riding can be one of the funnest and adventurous activities out here. Even if a rider does everything he is supposed to, he can’t always ensure that other drivers on the road will do the same. Accidents happen, and if it isn’t the motorcycle rider’s fault he is entitled to recover compensation for his injuries. Motorcycle accidents can result in some of the most serious of injuries. Broken bones are typically much more prevalent in motorcycle accidents than car accidents, for example. Don’t get caught not having proper legal representation. Get protected!
- Trucking Accident – Similar motorcycle accidents, trucking accidents involve more serious injuries, simply because of the size of semi trucks in relation to the average automobile. Trucking companies are required to have substantial insurance policies for this very reason. The likelihood of death or serious injury if commercial truck hits someone is very high. It makes a lot of sense to have one of our lawyers on your side in a trucking accident case.
- Pedestrian Accident – Utah drivers tend to have a problem seeing pedestrians and motorcycles. Although pedestrians have the right of way in most cases, Utah cars don’t seem to care. It’s kind of discouraging considering the deference given to pedestrians in other more populated areas like San Francisco and New York. Nonetheless, it is what it is and we have to deal with it. There are many pedestrian vs. car accidents that happen every year in Utah. No surprise, the pedestrian usually comes out the loser. The injured pedestrian could suffer lost wages, significant medical bills, pain and suffering, and other no damages. Recovering those damages can be difficult, but the process becomes much easier with our attorneys on your side.
- Construction Accident – Construction projects must be designed and engineered properly. Further, safety precautions must be taken to ensure that the premises surrounding the construction site and the site itself does not have any unreasonable risks of harm presented to those who may go on to the premises. Injuries that arise from the negligent design, engineering, construction, or premises can require the owner of the site, the contractor, and subcontractors working on the site to compensate an injured individual.
- Catastrophic Injury & Wrongful Death – Although injuries can be devastating, death resulting from the negligence of another cannot be undone. Likewise, there are some injuries that are so catastrophic, such as those resulting in paralysis, mental incapacity, loss of limbs, etc. that affect the individual so much that even compensation cannot make the person whole. Unfortunately, compensation is the only thing that the law recognizes as an appropriate remedy, and frankly, that is really the only remedy that could morally be imposed. We deal with wrongful death and catastrophic injuries. Our attorneys have been involved in hundreds if not thousands of such cases.
- Brain & Spinal Cord Injury – Brain injuries and injuries to the spinal cord affect every party of the body. They can interfere not only with a person’s physical capacity but their mental capacity as well. The damages associated with such cases are staggering. Individuals suffering from such injuries usually have to undergo intense physical and mental therapy.
- Slip and Fall – Premises owners have a duty to keep their premises safe so that when people enter their premises they are not subject to unreasonable risks of harm. This includes business owners and home owners. Most business owners have premises liability insurance or at least have some type of general liability insurance that may cover the premises. Likewise, homeowners have insurance and can submit claims to their insurance when someone is seriously injured on their property.
- Defective Products – In spite of all of the regulatory agencies, people still get hurt by defective products. We’re here to help when that happens. Pharmaceutical drugs, vehicles, and other products can all cause damage if they are not designed or produced properly.
- Medical Malpractice – Doctors and other healthcare professionals owe a duty of care to their patients and those under their care. If they breach that duty and they cause harm to those in their care, they can be held liable for damages. In Utah, there are strict limitations on medical malpractice cases and even damages are limited now. An experienced personal injury lawyer will know the ins and outs of the restrictive laws that govern medical malpractice.
- Birth Injury – Life is precious and the life a newborn infant requires the utmost care. A simple omission in caring for a newborn can result in lifelong problems. In such situations the negligent party should be held liable to pay for the damages he causes. Such cases usually involve very high settlement amounts and verdicts because the injured child often needs certain services for the rest of his life.
- Nursing Home Abuse – It happens, as disgusting as it sounds, there are bad people out there who intentionally hurt senior citizens. There are also the well meaning care takers who just act lazily or negligently and end up hurting a nursing care patient.
- Food Poisoning – As often as this happens the damages that result usually don’t go beyond a night’s worth of being sick. There are severe cases of food poisoning, however, that may merit hiring an attorney. Call us to find out if your case fits the bill.
- Dog Bite – Dogs are man’s best friend, but some of them can be more like our worst enemy. Owners have a duty to keep their dogs from injuring others. Especially prone to dog bites are children. Children tend to be unaware of the dangers of what seem like tame animals, but children can quickly annoy a dog and turn that dog into a foaming menace. A bite to the face, a bite to an artery or tendon, can result in thousands of dollars of medical bills.
Auto accidents in Utah are unfortunately common. It is also common for those who have been hurt in a car accident to suffer serious injuries and to have problems with the insurance companies. The attorneys at Salcido Law Firm are trained in the effective representation of clients who have suffered property and personal injury damages as a result of another drivers negligence.
The licensed attorneys at our office represent individuals who have been injured in accidents involving, cars, motorcycles, trucks, bicycles, bus, or even pedestrians. Such representation of clients in cases include drunk driver accidents or hit and runs, uninsured drivers who are uninsured or underinsured, and serious wrecks which may occur from motor vehicle semi-truck rollovers.
A Salt Lake City Utah personal injury attorney at our firm will also represent individuals hurt by defective products or defective designs in vehicles.
For more information on auto related accidents and injuries, please see the following additional pages below:
- Hit & Run – A hit and run can result in criminal charges and civil liabilities. It can also turn a standard negligence case into an intentional tort depending on the facts. Serious injuries caused by a hit and run driver can also result in higher damages to the injured party because juries and judges tend to frown on someone who injures someone else and then try to surretiously escape liability.
- Drunk Drivers – A DUI that involves injury is a lot like a hit and run in that it can result in criminal and civil penalties.
- Snow and Ice – Accidents that happen as a result of the weather do not negate the liability of the negligent driver. If someone hits you because they could not stop on ice or could not see because of snow, they are still negligent because they owed you a duty to not injury you and by injuring you they breached that duty.
- Road Construction – Road construction has to be well thought out and designed and sometimes the architects of road construction projects mess up. When they do, we can help.
Medical errors are all too common in today’s hospitals and health care facilities. In fact, more deaths occur each year from medical errors than from car accidents. At SLF, our attorneys are experienced in the effective representation of individuals who have been injured as a result of medical malpractice and negligence.
The malpractice attorneys at SLF represent clients in many different types of medical malpractice cases including emergency room errors and injuries, foreign objects, misdiagnosis, faulty medical devices, defective drugs, wrongful death, birth injuries, nursing home abuse, and more. For more information on our medical malpractice representation please see our additional pages below:
- Hospital Negligence – The hospital is on the hook when it messes up. When you sue a hospital they will typically point the finger at anyone else they can. Hospitals are usually involved as a co-defendant with doctors, nurses, and others in medical malpractice cases. They all try to show that the other parties are liable. We make sure to assign liability where it belongs. There are many different healthcare providers in Utah, the largest of which is IHC, and we have experience with most if not all of them.
- Fetal & Neonatal Brain Injuries – These types of injuries can occur from misdiagnoses during pregnancy, operations, taking the wrong prescriptions, being exposed to hazardous materials, etc. Such injuries are among the more serious because of their long-lasting problems.
- Defective Drugs – The FDA can’t save you from defective drugs. There have been a lot of them on the market over the past 10 years. The manufacturers should be held responsible when their drugs injure people who they are supposed to benefit.
Other Types of Injuries
At Salcido Law Firm, the Salt Lake City Utah personal injury attorney, we help individuals who have been injured in many different types of accidents. In addition to car accidents and medical malpractice cases we offer effective representation in such areas as construction accidents, dog bites, food poisoning, and other matters. For more information see our additional personal injury pages below:
- Boating Accidents – Treated similarly to car accident cases, boating accident cases often present interesting issues.
Your Utah Personal Injury Attorney
When selecting an attorney to represent you after an injury, you want dedicated professionals who are familiar with the injury laws of Utah. At SLF, our injury lawyers are committed to helping you get the best resolution to your case. We offer free consultations we represent you on a contingency fee basis which means if you don’t win, you pay us nothing.
It Makes a Difference if Your Attorney Has Defense Experience
One advantage that the Utah personal injury law firm of Salcido Law Firm has is that its attorneys have significant experience on the defense side of personal injury law. Such experience includes representing some of the largest companies in the world against multi-million dollar personal injury claims ranging from toxic torts to products liability and premises liability.
Our experience in doing defense work in personal injury litigation has provided us with a unique perspective on how to better prosecute personal injury suits. We know how the defense works. We know what will make or break a case for the defense. We know what will persuade the defense to settle. We know what will force the defense to fight tooth and nail. We know when the defense will bend and when they will stand firm. In other words, we can evaluate a case and determine how best to litigate the case because we can better determine how the defense will react.
Such experience becomes especially useful in large personal injury cases where the damages are significant. When the stakes are high it is all the more important to be able to read the opponent. Your attorney needs to be able to assess whether the case can settle for an amount with which the client will be happy or if it will be required to go to trial. Most cases don’t go to trial, but some have to go to trial because of the stubbornness of the defense or because the damages are such that no settlement can be reached.
Getting seriously injured can change your life forever, but with a Salt Lake City Utah personal injury attorney from Salcido Law Firm, we can help you obtain the compensation necessary for the pain and suffering you have endured, the medical expenses you have had to pay, and any other economic damages you have suffered.
Calling Salcido Law Firm should be your first step to recovery. If you have been injured Get Protected! by calling Salcido Law Firm today.
Free Case Review
Thank You For Your Support!
SLF competed in the Tempe AZ 140.6 Ironman Race in November 2018 to help fight child abuse. Thank you everyone who supported us in this important battle.
Utah Law Firm Blog
- What is the Proper Venue for a Utah Criminal Case?November 26, 2018
- Admissibility of Polygraph Results in Utah Criminal CasesSeptember 27, 2017
- Modifying an Alimony Award When the Paying Spouse RetiresAugust 29, 2017