Park City Man Shocked by Power Line | Electrocution Injuries
A park city man is in critical condition after being shocked by a power line in Park City yesterday. The man was supposedly shocked by a power line in a construction area of old town park city. A crane that was in the area came to close to a power line causing it to arc. The very unfortunate individual at the site was severely electrocuted and rushed to the hospital where at the time the story was reported remained in critical care. The man was 43 years old and further identifying information will likely be released. Power lines can be a real danger to the community if not properly maintained or if the negligence of another causes the power line to come into contact with foreign objects like the crane mentioned above or even the ground. If you ever see a downed power line, you should stay far away from the area and contact the authorities as soon as possible.
Injuries from Electrocution
Every year, many Utahans suffer critical injuries and some even death from electrocution. Downed and altered power lines make up a fair percentage of electric shock injuries. These injuries can be serious and often occur through the negligence of someone else. On occasion electric shock injuries occur on the job site especially on construction projects. We caution anyone in these types of fields and occupations to be extremely careful. At Salcido Law Firm, our Utah Personal Injury Attorneys have seen all kinds of injuries from electric shock including electricians being injured, power line workers, injuries at construction sites, and especially electric shock involving standing water. You can never be too cautious when it comes to electrical devices. Many electrocutions occur in the home with appliances and wires. If someone else’s negligence caused you to be injured by electric shock, you may have a cause of action to recover the damages associated with your injury.